Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hufflepuff Quiz

First homework assignment!

1) When did you first learn to knit - who taught you, how did you learn, what was your first project?

My Mom taught me back when I was a girl scout. I didn’t do it for long. I never really got past the swatch stage. My brother though, went on to make all his hats for when he was competitive cross-country skier.

Years later a friend introduced me to the Knifty Knitter Loom and I was pulled back into knitting. Now I have close to a dozen looms and several different types of needles and crochet hooks. I’m learning to spin with a drop spindle as well. I mainly loom knit as it is easier on my wrists and arms but will try anything fiber wise at least once.


2) What is your favorite knitting project and why? Was it the yarn your chose? Shaping? What drew you to it?

Mmm Tough question. Uh whatever one I’m currently working on? If I have to pick one I would say my Swedish Throw, which can be found in my Ravelry projects. I learned a lot on that one and it lead to me the abstract wall hangings I’m currently working on. I enjoyed using multiple types of yarn to create different textures and colors. It was also my first big project.

No comments:

Post a Comment